new and improved: e-mail

I've set up a dedicated e-mail account for this blog, which you can mail to through my profile page. Please use that to request coverage of particular BrE/AmE differences or to make other suggestions for improvement. I'll either respond in the blog, or, if that doesn't seem appropriate, then by e-mail. (Or use it to tell me how to get an 'e-mail me' link in my sidebar...I'm pretty simple-minded when it comes to html. [postscript: Ask and ye shall receive--it's done! Thanks, Gwyn!])

Please continue (or start!) to comment on particular blog entries by using the comments function. (Click the 'comments' link at the bottom of the entry.) For some reason, people who know me seem really shy about doing this and give their comments off-line. I'm sure other readers would really enjoy your comments...so please share!

I seem to have written an entry with no obvious dialectal differences. Um....mollusc/mollusk! (But which is which?)

5 comments

  1. Just recently found this FANTASTIC blog through WhatDoIKnow.typepad.com. I'm a Brit married to an American and love this whole topic...

    To add an email link to your blog:
    Go to the 'template' tag in the admin section of your blog. Scroll down the template bit to

    "Begin #sidebar"

    and insert the following in there where you'd like to put the email link.

    Email me!
    if that doesn't show up here it's:

    "OPEN SQUARE BRACKET"a href="mailto:youremail@domain.com" "CLOSE SQUARE BRACKER" Email me! "OPEN SQUARE BRACKET"/a"CLOSE SQUARE BRACKET"

    Where a SQUARE BRACKET IT <

    Just after:
    "BlogMemberProfile"
    would probably be best

    If you need a hand let me know :)

    Keep up the fine linguistic work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Gwyn, on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...I've never seen the word spelled -- or should it be "spelt"? ;-) -- as "mollusc"...so I'm guessing THAT is the BrE one, then...maybe?

    Janet
    (lordcelery.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely the spelling "e-mail" is much more AmE than BrE?

    ReplyDelete

The book!

View by topic

Twitter

Abbr.

AmE = American English
BrE = British English
OED = Oxford English Dictionary (online)